Marketo offers the ability to customize landing page tracking by editing the Meta Tag Robot settings on a per-page basis. When customizing tracking it is important to understand:
- Index = Search engine will index the page
- Follow = Search engine will crawl the following pages via links
Marketo offers a combination of values to can use for the Meta Tag Robots. See the explanations below:
|index, follow||This page and the following pages will be indexed by the search engine.|
|index, nofollow||This page but not the following pages will be indexed. Example: Registration page but not thank you page is indexed.|
|noindex, follow||This page will not be indexed, but the following pages will be indexed by the search engine.|
|noindex, nofollow||The search engine will not index the current or following pages.|
By default, Marketo sets Meta Tags as “index, nofollow”. To change these settings per landing page:
- Open the landing page in draft mode.
- In the right hand corner, click on Landing Page Actions.
- Select Edit Page Meta Tags. Here you can customize other tracking functions such as keywords and Facebook OG tags.
- Select the appropriate setting based on desired tracking from the grid above.
Source: Marketo Community
About the Author
As Elixiter's Marketing Manager, Laura focuses her creative talents on making sure the team's marketing programs flourish and grow. She enjoys solving the big strategic types of challenges and finds satisfaction in creating innovative solutions that didn't previously exist. She loves being outdoors and exploring the beauty Montana offers whether it’s in a boat on a river or hiking a new trail. Laura is always learning something new - currently she is focusing on long distance running and refining her swing dancing skills.Follow on Twitter More Content by Laura Kirkland