Marketo offers the ability to customize landing page tracking by editing the Meta Tag Robot settings on a per-page basis. When customizing tracking it is important to understand:
- Index = Search engine will index the page
- Follow = Search engine will crawl the following pages via links
Marketo offers a combination of values to can use for the Meta Tag Robots. See the explanations below:
|index, follow||This page and the following pages will be indexed by the search engine.|
|index, nofollow||This page but not the following pages will be indexed. Example: Registration page but not thank you page is indexed.|
|noindex, follow||This page will not be indexed, but the following pages will be indexed by the search engine.|
|noindex, nofollow||The search engine will not index the current or following pages.|
By default, Marketo sets Meta Tags as “index, nofollow”. To change these settings per landing page:
- Open the landing page in draft mode.
- In the right hand corner, click on Landing Page Actions.
- Select Edit Page Meta Tags. Here you can customize other tracking functions such as keywords and Facebook OG tags.
- Select the appropriate setting based on desired tracking from the grid above.
Source: Marketo Community