Scenario 1 – MSI plug-in button disappeared from Outlook
1. Before revoking a license, first make sure that the add-in is not disabled.
To do this, open Outlook and go to File > Options > Add-Ins > Manage: COM Add-ins and click ‘Go.’
2. In the pop-up window, find the Add-in titled “Marketo Outlook Add-in.” This box should be checked. If it is unchecked, check the box, click OK.
3. Restart Outlook.
4. If this does not resolve the problem, move to scenario 2.
Scenario 2 – Uninstalling, revoking, reissuing and reinstalling a license
If scenario 1 does not remedy the problem, follow the steps below:
1. Uninstall the MSI plug-in by going to your computer’s Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and select the Marketo Outlook Add-in, then click uninstall.
2. Revoke and reissue a license via Marketo.
- Admin > Sales Insight > Email Add-In
- Click the user whose license you would like to revoke and click "Revoke License."
- Then reissue the license by clicking "Issue License" and entering the user’s email address.
3. The recipient will receive a Marketo Email Add-in Registration notification.
4. Check your Outlook to determine which platform you’re running (32-bit or 64-bit).
- In Office 2013, Click File > Office Account > About Outlook.
5. After determining the Outlook platform, click the “Outlook” hyperlink in Marketo Email Add-in Registration notification.
6. Reinstall MSI plugin by downloading the installer appropriate for your version of Microsoft Outlook (i.e. year and bit).
7. Enter your information and registration code found in Marketo Email Add-in Registration notification.
8. You’re done!