Revenue Cycle Explorer is a very powerful tool. Unfortunately, many clients are not aware of how to optimize RCE to get the information they need. One of the most common questions we receive is “Can I access custom information like the "MQL original date" or "product interest" in RCE?”
The short answer is yes.
Here is how to make it happen if you have a Revenue Cycle Explorer license:
- Log in to Marketo & click on the “Admin” section in the top right hand corner.
- Click on the “Revenue Cycle Analytics” menu option.
- Click on the “Custom Field Sync” tab.
4. Find the custom field you would like to sync in the list. If the field does not have a green check mark in the “Sync Status” column, it has not been synced to RCE yet.
Reminder: You can also search for a field in the “Quick Find” bar at the bottom of the screen.
5. To sync the field to RCE, you will need to double click on the field name and select “Enabled” in the drop-down menu under “Sync Status” column.
Most custom fields will be a dimension of a lead or contact. However, you can also select the RCA Type of “Metric” for any applicable fields that should be summed, averaged, etc. Metric fields are only available in the Lead Analysis report type in RCE.
- Click Save. Your custom field will appear in RCE in about 24 hours.
- Make sure to take note of the Report Types that the custom field will be available in, under the “Analysis Area.”
Custom Fields in the Model Performance Analysis Report Types
If you need to access any custom fields in the Model Performance Analysis report (where you can report on conversion, velocity or other stage-by-stage metrics), then you will need to create a field organizer instead. Here is a quick how-to from the Marketo Community on creating a field organizer: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KyutCAC
Reminder – You are limited to 3 field organizers in RCE.
Once your field organizer is saved in the Lead Database, follow these steps to expose it to RCE:
- Navigate back to the Revenue Cycle Analytics menu under the “Admin” section in MKTO.
- Find the section titled “Model Performance Analysis (Leads)”.
3. Click on the “None” link if shown for Fields 1-3. If all 3 field options are taken, click the field organizer that you would like to replace.
4. Select the new field organizer that you would like to sync to RCE in the “Field” drop down menu and hit “Save.”
5. Your field organizer should appear in RCE in the Model Performance Analysis report type within 24 hours.