Anytime you make a change to a Marketo email template, all of your emails that reference that template will then be in “edit mode."
Thankfully, Marketo has a mass-approving capability to help you re-approve all of the emails subject to a template change.
- Click on the "Design Studio" tab.
- Select "Emails."
- Sort your Emails by the Template name.
- Select the emails that were affected by your template update by holding down the "Shift" key and clicking in the row of the first item you would like to re-approve and then clicking the row of the last item you would like to re-approve. You can also hold down the "CTRL" key and individually select the items you would like to re-approve. (Note: do not attempt to re-approve more than 20 emails at a time).
- Right-click on the highlighted area and click Approve.
- A green circle with a check mark will appear if the approval was successful.
- Repeat Steps 4-5 for the remaining items left to re-approve (if needed).