1. What is the goal of my nurture?
When building out a nurture, make sure you know the goal of each stream. We recommend the following goals, but every program is different!
- Welcome new subscribers and build brand awareness
- Increase trust in company through thought leadership
- Increase awareness and education
- Diminish buyer concerns during evaluation stage
- Persuade buyers to purchase your product
- Increase customer satisfaction or upsell opportunities
2. What are the characteristics of each stream in my nurture?
You will need to define the characteristics of each stream and how a lead can move from one stream to another. You will then need to build out the logic to move leads from stream to stream.
3. What content do I need?
Each stream should contain content specific for each stage of the buying cycle. Leads in the buying cycle are not identical, thus you should not feed up the same content at the same time. You want to make sure you are feeding up pertinent content.
Working through these questions will help you execute a successful nurture that will keep your buyers engaged at every stage of the buying cycle. You will be delivering the right content at the right time. You can prove that you know and understand your buyer. By tailoring the message and content for each buyer, you have the possibility of speeding up the sales cycle.